Ackerman Security Systems has received the Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) Five Diamond certification, acknowledging 100 percent of the company’s monitoring operators have successfully completed the association’s rigorous On-Line Operator Training Course.
The curriculum covers virtually all phases of central station communications with customers, law enforcement, and fire and emergency services communications centers.
“According to CSAA, there are over 2,700 central stations in the United States, and of this group fewer than 100 central stations [less than 3 percent] have achieved the ‘Five Diamond Certified’ status,” says Ackerman COO Jim Callahan.
In order to achieve the Five Diamond Certification, each operator must have not only passed the course, but demonstrated:
- Proficiency in alarm verification, which helps reduce false alarms
- Proficiency in communications with the Public Service Answering Points, such as the emergency 911 centers
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including radio
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities
In addition, these Five Diamond companies have demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to their local community and their customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to 100 percent quality operator training, according to Celia Besore, CSAA director.