Example installation: Big box distribution center
When it came time for Big Box to upgrade its video surveillance solution with more storage capacity at its distribution center, a surveillance storage target solution was the right fit. Compatible with the cameras in place at the warehouse, Big Box employed a network attached storage (NAS) device to meet their needs for high capacity and highly reliable network video storage. The storage target solution addressed demands for growing storage space, supporting disk-based backup, recovery and disaster protocols. It also enabled company security staff to pair their preferred VMS with affordable storage and data protection.
Large companies or distributed enterprises with an existing VMS that struggle to keep up with ever-expanding storage demands from increasing regulatory and data retention requirements.
- They have a full IT team and onsite security experts to help manage deployments
- They have an existing video surveillance solution but need an upgrade and more storage capacity
- They already have video surveillance but are continually out of storage. More storage capacity is needed, particularly for archiving and protecting increasing amounts of locally stored video data
Able to support a number of IP cameras and VMS applications, surveillance storage target solutions can deliver up to 36TBs of scalable, localized iSCSI storage with advanced data protection. Storage can often be added into existing environments, making it a logical choice for those tired of running out of storage capacity.
Integrated video management system
Clients that need a low-cost video surveillance solution may choose to deploy an IVMS, blending smart network storage with VMS and IP cameras. Using this approach, IVMS with embedded or PC-based third-party VMS applications ensure fast, efficient and reliable recording of video surveillance files to a network storage device.
Virtually eliminating storage concerns, the IVMS solution offers both storage capacity and compatibility. An added benefit is the use of mobile device applications, enabling surveillance administrators to access video feeds anytime, anywhere.
Example installation: Small business
An appropriate customer for this option is a fast growing franchise with anticipated expansion. With no IT staff to support the network at branch locations, the sample company needs a turnkey system that would provide for all of its storage, VMS and remote system management requirements. Settling on a VMS, the small business will see immediate business control improvements through its video management system.
Small and medium businesses (SMBs), distributed enterprises or others with limited IT and surveillance support.
- A small company or fast-growing franchise looking to secure fewer than 10 locations
- Limited IT resources and no IT support at remote locations
- Just getting started with video surveillance; looking for a fast and economical way to add more cameras and storage to protect growing business environment
- Want a turnkey system that provides everything they need, including storage, VMS and the ability to manage the system remotely
An all-in-one platform with all the necessary functionality. For franchisees and companies with up to 10 branch or remote locations, an IVMS provides the best of smart storage — storage seamlessly integrated with VMS and IP cameras. For companies just getting started with video surveillance, this all-in-one platform is affordable, flexible and easy to deploy.
Page 2 of 3 pages <
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.