RFI Communications & Security Systems of San Jose, Calif., has renewed its Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) Five Diamond Certification. The designation indicates that all of the company’s central station operators have achieved proficiency and certification by passing the CSAA Central Station On-Line Operator Training Course.
The courses cover virtually all phases of central station communications with customers, law enforcement, fire and emergency services communication centers. In order to achieve the “Five Diamond Certification,” each operator must have not only passed the course, but demonstrated:
- proficiency in alarm verification, which helps reduce false alarms;
- proficiency in communication with the Public Service Answering Points, such as the Emergency 911 centers;
- knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including radio;
- an understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories (UL), Factory Mutual (FM), the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and others; and
- proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
RFI is a diversified systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than 30 years.