As 2012 comes to a close, SECURITY SALES & INTEGRATION encourages readers to reflect on the many developments that have transpired in the electronic security industry during the past 12 months. To that end, the SSI staff has compiled a series of ‘Top 10’ lists based on reader popularity. Following are the 10 most viewed news items on the Security Systems Integration channel on securitysales.com in 2012:
1. Honeywell’s Harkins Ushers in Intrusion’s ‘Great Technology Revolution’
[March 28, 2012] Honeywell Security Products President Scott Harkins unveiled new products and technology advancements, and addressed the present state of the security industry on the opening day of ISC West.
2. Honeywell Awards Top Performing Integrators at 2012 HIS Forum
[May 22, 2012] Honeywell honored nine of its top performing security system integrators during the annual Honeywell Integrated Security (HIS) Forum awards banquet.
3. MorphoAccess VP Wins Big at 2012 New Product Showcase
[March 28, 2012] The Security Industry Association (SIA) named the MorphoAccess VP from MorphoTrak Inc. as the “Best New Product” at the 2012 New Product Showcase (NPS) on Wednesday.
4. DICE Develops Prized Dealer Apps With Integrator’s Input
[July 19, 2012] To improve efficiency, cost-savings and the overall customer experience for security integrators, DICE Corp. developed Matrix Tech Service and Matrix Fire Inspection mobile applications.
5. Graybar Opens New Branch to Reach Nebraska Clients
[Jan. 12, 2012] Graybar, an electrical communications products distributor, will open a new facility to serve customers here.
6. Show Organizers Bring Back ISC East
[June 20, 2012] Two years after rebranding its Northeast trade show as ISC Solutions, event organizer ISC Events has changed the convention’s name back to ISC East.
7. ONVIF Simplifies Interoperable IP Device Management With Profile S
[Jan. 18, 2012] ONVIF, a standardization initiative for IP-based physical security products, has released Profile S, the first in a series of profile introductions that will aid end users and system designers in determining interoperable components of a physical security solution.
8. SIA Supports Federal Rule to Exempt No-Load Mode Power Requirements
[May 31, 2012] The Security Industry Association (SIA) submitted comments this week supporting an energy efficiency rule proposed by the Department of Energy (DOE) that would exempt security and life-safety systems from no-load power requirements.
9. Cam-Dex Unveils New Technology Center, Celebrates 55 Years in Business
[April 18, 2012] Systems integrator Cam-Dex Security Corp. has opened a new technology center as part of a recently completed renovation project at its headquarters in Kansas City, Kan.
10. Majority of Security Integrators Hesitant to Do Business With IT Distributors
[May 17, 2012] According to a new report, less than 40% of North American-based security systems integrators would prefer to deal with IT distributors when purchasing their IP-based video surveillance products.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.