Customers Voice Approval
Having to contact existing customers to inform them of a significant change is an exercise many security providers would find dreadful, but TycoIS embraced the challenge of telling clients about its new brand. It was seized as an opportunity to reconnect and further ingratiate the business with those customers. It helped that there was a pre-existing priority placed on customer care and the support infrastructure had been established.
TycoIS offers a thorough customer support system after solutions are installed, including monitoring options, maintenance agreements, warranty programs, ongoing software service and tech support. The firm received the 2013 ACE (Achievement in Customer Excellence) Award for its rigorous application of customer feedback processes, outstanding performance, effectiveness, and success in customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Here is what some of those customers are saying about TycoIS:
- “There is no other nationwide security provider I can trust to consistently deliver the planning, installation, service and attention to detail Omnicare requires from a security vendor.” — Jim Schaffer, security manager, Omnicare
- “When it comes to food security, we rely on our vendors, especially Tyco Integrated Security, to ensure we’re aligning with regulations and implementing security measures.” — Carlos Cortez, security/IT manager, Mondelez
- “From the start, TycoIS has delivered unparalleled service and continues to keep open lines of communication to fulfill the university’s evolving security needs.” — Gordon Bass, director of campus security, Jacksonville University
Motivating Team Members
You won’t get very far in the security or any other services-based business without skilled, well trained and motivated people not only in customerfacing roles but throughout the entire organization. TycoIS strives to make sure employees comprehend security’s complexities and are ambitious, technically skilled and customer-focused.
To that end, the firm fosters a work/life balance that includes dedication to employee safety, a healthy working environment, and teamwork among all channels and groups. The company’s headquarters in Boca features a host of amenities like a fitness center, carwash, doctor’s office, salon, chiropractor, dry cleaning services and onsite café.
“We are committed to investing in our team by providing employees with the tools that allow them to work smarter,” says VanDover. “We also provide one-on-one training sessions, include online options, as well as localized training for our technicians.”
Here are examples of how TycoIS ensures employees are equipped to handle most any situation:
- All technicians are trained annually on required Environmental, Health & Safety policy to ensure a safe work environment
- Focused training gives techs hands-on practice installing and servicing security solutions, and equips them with quick job aids and online options for refreshers and just-in-time training
- Frequent assessments verify training is fully understood and learned
- Customer service skills accompany infield trainings
- Techs receive ongoing training on efficient and effective installations of burglar alarm, access control, video management and IP networking systems
- Customer feedback is incorporated within training programs to deliver exceptional service
Helping and Sharing
Many of those well-trained associates are active in both the communities the company does business (basically every corner of North America) and the security industry. Community engagement has always been a centerpiece of the firm’s operations and continues to be such.
Since becoming TycoIS, the integrator has attended, sponsored and hosted several industry events and conferences that highlighted local charities and organizations. They include: The Boys & Girls Club; Ronald McDonald House Charities in Southern California; T.J. Martell Foundation; American Heart Association; Los Angeles Police Foundation; AIDS Emergency Fund; Project Open Hand; American Heart Association; National Breast Cancer Foundation; United Way; Habitat for Humanity; and Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
“Our people are very engaged in their local communities, and we support that,” says VanDover. “We do gift matching and things like that for different areas. That’s a big part of who we are as a company.”
Where the security industry itself is concerned, anyone who has participated to any extent in trade events or groups knows full well TycoIS has been very involved, both in terms of time and money.
At the forefront of those efforts is Hauhn, who presently chairs the Security Industry Association (SIA) and is a board member of both the Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) and the Security Industry Alarm Coalition (SIAC). The immediate past chairman of the Electronic Security Association’s (ESA) Government Relations Committee has also been inducted into the SSI Hall of Fame, and received SIA’s Statesman and SIAC’s William Moody awards.
Having been intimately involved with so many aspects of the electronic security industry, capturing the Installer of the Year Award is especially meaningful for Hauhn.
“We are honored that Tyco Integrated Security has been recognized as the ‘Installer of the Year’ in the large company category,” he says. “We make it a top priority to exceed our customers’ expectations and appreciate the industry recognition of our hard work.”
Editor-in-Chief Scott Goldfine has spent nearly 15 years with SECURITY SALES & INTEGRATION. He can be reached at (704) 663-7125.
Page 2 of 3 pages <
Business Management ·
Hank Monaco ·
Installer of the Year ·
Mark VanDover ·
Protection 1 ·
SAMMY Awards ·
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.