LAS VEGAS — The Women’s Security Council honored seven outstanding women during its inaugural Women of the Year awards on Tuesday. The program recognized top female professionals and their contributions to the security industry. SECURITY SALES & INTEGRATION served as a media sponsor for the event.
More than 100 people attended the program, which was hosted at Pinot Brassiere. The winners include:
- Systems Integrator: Erica Wood, chief security officer, American Fire & Security
- Security Service Provider: Patricia Schmitt, president and CEO, Aegis Protective Services
- Manufacturer: Carole Dougan, vice president of Strategic Accounts, Arecont Vision
- Distributor: Debby Maffei, national account manager, ScanSource Security
- End User: Michele Freadman, deputy director of aviation security operations, Boston Logan International Airport
- Dealer: Amy Kothari, president and CEO, Alarm Capital Alliance
- In the Trenches: Renee Mallonee, dealer marketing manager, Monitronics Int’l.
“Each of this year’s award recipients are paving the way for increased roles of responsibility and opportunity for women in the security industry,” WSC Founding Committee Member Rhianna Daniels says. “They are a reminder to us of the tremendous impact that women leaders have. Each of them demonstrates qualities of outstanding leadership and serve as tremendous role models for a next wave of female professionals.”
WSC offers a support system to enable women in the security industry to stay competitive in today’s dynamic marketplace. The association will profile the winners in a special April 2012 eWSC awards newsletter.