Attention installing electronic security contractors! Here are a few questions I would like you to ask yourself:
- When you complete an installation, does your company feel a sense of pride in the quality of your work?
- Do you go out of your way to make sure your customer is not just satisfied, but elated that he/she decided to do business with you?
- Does your company creatively “think out of the box” in relation to sales, marketing and promotional materials?
- Do you believe genuine recognition of a job well done is a powerful human motivator?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, I would like to personally invite you to participate in our 2007 SAMMYs. Our awards program takes place on the eve of opening day at the ISC West in Las Vegas.
Before you say, “Ah, I don’t have a chance to win,” I just want you to know many of the past SAMMY winners thought the same thing as they embrace their crystal trophies. Installing companies of all sizes have won awards in the following “best” categories:
- Integrated Residential Installation of the Year (grand prize)
- Integrated Commercial/Industrial Installation of the Year (grand prize)
- Overall Integrated Marketing Program
- Sales Brochure: Residential
- Sales Brochure: Commercial/Industrial
- Company Newsletter
- Community Services Program (new in 2007)
- Television/Radio Advertisement
- Promotional Giveaway Item
- Vehicle Graphics Design
- Company Logo Design
- Newspaper / Yellow-page Advertisement
- Company Web Site Design
For 2007, we’ve added a new award category - the “Community Services Program.” This award is designed to pay tribute to an installing security company that exemplifies the best in volunteerism, as well as a sense of caring and responsibility for others that connects citizens and helps solve local community issues. I’m sure that many of you reading this have great stories to tell - so share them with us. Do the winning or runner-up companies have the largest budget or the greatest resources? Not necessarily. Throughout its 12-year history, the SAMMYs have named winners from all strata of the alarm industry. In fact, the categories have been devised to promote equal opportunity for installing electronic security contactors big and small.
Just imagine this: A majestic SAMMY trophy prominently exhibited in your office, serving as a powerful testimonial to potential customers of your company’s commitment to quality. In addition, the exposure you receive in the pages of a prominent national trade magazine (SSI, of course) can be shown to prospects.
In the case of the grand prizes, what better way to impress clients of your prowess than by showing them your plaque and magazine coverage as the 2007 Integrated Residential or Commercial/Industrial Installation of the Year award-winner?
Featuring hors d’oeuvres, beverages and a multimedia presentation, the SAMMYs have been likened to the security industry’s version of the Oscars - without the fancy tuxedoes! In addition, the awards presentation and ceremony has become a great place to meet and network with contemporaries, and the subsequent in-depth coverage in SSI has spread the message far and wide. It’s simple, and free to enter.
For complete SAMMY rules, judging criteria, entry form and other information, visit www.thesammyawards.com. If people are always complimenting your company about your installations and marketing materials, trust me, you have what it takes. Please take some time to submit your entry.
So what are you waiting for? The deadline for entries is Nov. 30, but beware - procrastination is the enemy!