P1 Makes National Accounts Priority No. 1
Long one of the largest and best-known residential installation and monitoring providers, Protection 1 has had its share of ups and downs. Now an ownership change with celebrated CEO Tim Whall at the reins has P1 broadening its ambitions in the commercial marketplace.
Web Exclusive: Protection 1 Fast Facts
- Protection 1 (P1) was founded in 1988 by PacifiCorp, a West Coast utility company that later incorporated and merged with the security services of Westar Energy. Following that merger, P1 benefited from additional acquisitions that accelerated growth, propelling it forward within the security industry.
- Quadrangle purchased a financial interest in P1 in 2004, and in 2007, P1 merged with Integrated Alarm Services Group Inc., P1 then became one of the nation’s largest providers of security alarm monitoring services.
- In 2010, GTCR, in partnership with Timothy Whall, purchased a financial interest in P1.
- On June 4, 2010, Whall, an industry veteran known for his operational discipline, dedication to customer service and leadership skills, became CEO.
- In October 2010, P1 updated its corporate image with a comprehensive branding campaign that included a tightly defined strategic market position along with a new graphic identity reflecting the company’s forward thinking, customer centric approach to security.
- P1 is currently the second largest security company in the United States, with a solid foundation that promises continued expansion as a leading provider of national electronic security services.
- P1 is a privately held company. Whall has created a management team that combines existing Protection 1 leaders with new senior leadership.
- P1 has more than 2,400 employees across 65 locations. These people are the lifeblood of our company and we offer them a great environment with endless opportunities — whether someone is just starting a career or is a seasoned security professional.
- P1 is a full service provider. We install, monitor and maintain locations for both homes and business. We also deliver consistent national standards across the country for national and commercial accounts.
- Our services include access control, intrusion alarm systems, fire alarm systems, inspections, video services, 24-hour UL monitoring, critical equipment monitoring, project management and centralized billing.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!