SSI Hall Of Fame: 2004
- Became involved in electronic security business in 1973 as financial analyst at Microwave Associates Inc., now MA/Com
- In 1977, joined Alarm Device Manufacturing Co., a division of Pittway Corp., as vice president of marketing
- For next 23-plus years, involved in most dynamic growth culture in the industry
- From 1985-2000, helped ADI become largest and most preferred distributor in North America
Why He’s on the List
- Changed face of security products distribution
- Provided convenient pick-up or next-day delivery
- Facilitated product availability via 109-branch North American network
- Supplied systems design expertise free of charge
- Offered extensive line of products for one-stop shopping
- Set up educational product symposiums and local shows
- Introduced Internet-based ordering and tracking
Comments & Reaction: “I feel honored to be selected. I have always felt personally gratified when I look back at my accomplishments at ADI. It is that much more gratifying that industry-knowledgeable people have recognized my contributions.”
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Recommended For You
Cloud security can present a paradox: companies love the flexibility and versatility of cloud security management, but are unsure if the cloud itself is secure enough to house their vitally important systems.
From processing power to lens selection to proper positioning, here are 13 tips to help shed light on proper installation of cameras in low-light conditions.