How Participating in the SAMMY Awards Can Elevate Your Business
It’s been said that recognition is the most powerful of motivators. I believe this to be true. People crave praise and the feeling of being appreciated. Studies have stunned business owners and managers by showing that workers value positive feedback above and beyond anything else, including money.
For that reason and many others, back in 1994, SECURITY SALES & INTEGRATION launched the Sales & Marketing (SAMMY) Awards. The program — which recognizes and honors North American electronic security dealers/integrators who demonstrate exceptional expertise in their sales & marketing materials, business practices, and installations — has gained momentum each and every year.
The tradition continues April 1 when the 19th incarnation of the SAMMY Awards gala once again unfolds in Las Vegas as a prelude to ISC West. Also featuring the official SSI Industry Hall of Fame inductions, the early evening affair has become a focal point for leading security professionals to gather to honor and network with their colleagues. It’s an important event, productive, a load of fun … and, oh did I mention free to attend with all comers welcome?
But let’s not get ahead of ourselves; you’ve got plenty of time to make Vegas arrangements. Right now, the top priority is getting together the appropriate materials and submitting SAMMY entry forms. It’s FREE to participate, but the Dec. 18 deadline will be here before you know it. Everything you need can be found at thesammyawards.com. This year’s “Best” categories are:
- Installer of the Year, Large Company (150+ employees)
- Installer of the Year, Small to Midsize Company (150 or fewer employees)
- Integrated Installation of the Year
- Overall Integrated Marketing Campaign
- Community Outreach Program
- Sales Brochure
- Company Newsletter
- Display Advertisement
- Broadcast Advertisement
- Promotional Giveaway Item
- Social Media Campaign NEW!
- Vehicle Graphics Design
- Web Site Design
Winning a SAMMY is not only outstanding for company morale, it is also a fantastic sales and marketing tool in its own right. Of course, just being named as a finalist is nearly as sweet. A majestic SAMMY trophy prominently exhibited in an office serves as a powerful testimonial to potential customers of that company’s commitment to quality. And the exposure in SSI can be shown to prospects.
Here are eight quick tips for SAMMYs success:
- Are you qualified? — The SAMMYs are open to North American installing security companies, not manufacturers, distributors, etc. (but these firms can be sponsors)
- Don’t let deadline kill your chances — Procrastination is the enemy, get started on your entries today
- Canvas all the categories — There’s a lot to pick from; you can enter all, but only one entry per category
- Appeal to the judges — Review the applicable criteria as you put together your entry to ensure it addresses those factors
- Mind the rules — Check the fine print to ensure you send in what the category calls for
- Be user-friendly — Make sure it is easy for judges to access and evaluate your submission; and each entry requires its own packaging
- Go for ‘The Big One’ — If submitting more than a couple of categories, why not also enter Overall Integrated Marketing Program?
- Good form — Fill out entry forms completely, pay special attention to the reasons your entry should win that particular award; neatness counts, so seriously consider typing your entry; securely attach separate entry forms for each category
See you in Vegas. Good luck!
SECURITY SALES & INTEGRATION
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Recommended For You
Cloud security can present a paradox: companies love the flexibility and versatility of cloud security management, but are unsure if the cloud itself is secure enough to house their vitally important systems.
From processing power to lens selection to proper positioning, here are 13 tips to help shed light on proper installation of cameras in low-light conditions.