CMOOR Group Launches Online Course for Access Control Novices
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The CMOOR Group, a provider of continuing education curriculum for the electronic security industry, has released its “Access Control Specialist Level One” course through its portal, SecurityCEU.com.
The course is divided into six modules and covers everything from doors, frames and electrified locking devices to the latest in smart cards and biometrics. The modules touch on the following points:
- Module 1 provides an overview of access control, beginning with doors and hardware, locks and lock history, door position in monitoring and egress control and ending with the components of an electronic access control system.
- Module 2 covers credentials and readers, including magnetic stripe, Wiegand swipe, 125 kHz proximity, contact and contactless smartcards and combination cards.
- Module 3 deals with binary math and the various card data formats, and will teach students how to choose the right format every time.
- Module 4 presents smart card technology and details contact and contactless smartcards, applications for EAC systems, smart card security, mutual authentication, multiple applications on the card and global platform.
- Module 5 includes an overview of the most popular biometric technologies such as fingerprint, hand geometry, iris recognition and facial recognition. The difference between passive and active biometric systems is also covered.
- Module 6 reviews the components that make up an access control system, and then looks at various options ranging from single door stand-alone devices to widely distributed systems using IP connections over LAN/WAN networks. Wiring standards are explained as well as the idea of PoE (power over Ethernet) and Integration of CCTV with access control.
Students who take the course will receive both CEU credits as well as certification from SecurityCEU.com online academy.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!