Vector Security Awards $18.5K in Loss Prevention Scholarships
PITTSBURGH — Vector Security has awarded a total of $18,500 in scholarships to 20 individuals as part of its Loss Prevention Foundation (LPF) scholarship program.
Launched five years ago, the program provides financial support to loss prevention professionals in the U.S. and Canada seeking to obtain LPQualifed (LPQ) and LPCertified (LPC) certifications. LPQ is an entry-level education program for those who are new to the loss prevention profession, while LPC is geared toward loss prevention professionals with at least three years of experience in the industry.
Following is the list of 2013 Vector Security LPF scholarship program winners:
- Aleksandra Alfonso (Staples)
- Jamie Bailey (Claire’s)
- Joshua M. Blakely (Lowes Companies)
- Eric Bosko (Richland County Sheriff’s Office)
- Christopher L. Kilgallon (Neiman Marcus)
- Jean-Henri Laprime (Sears)
- Phillip Lawless (Rite Aid)
- Pradeep Sengupta (Garda Canada Security)
- Elizabeth Darby Tichenor (Lenscrafters)
- Tom Zimmerman (DSW)
- Larry Borden (Lowes Companies)
- Dustin Brown (Spartan Stores)
- William D’Narvarte (CVS Pharmacy)
- Jacob Gillette (Dick’s Sporting Goods)
- Deborah Giordano (Deb Shops)
- Kevin Martin (Staples)
- Eric Rode (LP Innovations)
- Rui Rodrigues (Staples Canada)
- Tonya Sjolin (Sur La Table)
- Kevin M. Turnbull (AAFES — Army and Air Force Exchange Services)
“While the awardees represent a variety of professional backgrounds, they each express the highest level of desire for the opportunity,” says Vector Security Executive Vice President Michael Grady. “In addition, they all possess a positive outlook as to how they will use this program to enhance the value they bring to their respective employers. We are pleased to help them advance their career aspirations.”
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Recommended For You
Cloud security can present a paradox: companies love the flexibility and versatility of cloud security management, but are unsure if the cloud itself is secure enough to house their vitally important systems.
From processing power to lens selection to proper positioning, here are 13 tips to help shed light on proper installation of cameras in low-light conditions.