WSC Seeks Nominations for 2013 Women of the Year Awards
The Women’s Security Council (WSC), a networking organization focused on promoting the advancement of women in the security industry, is accepting nominations for its second annual WSC Women of the Year Awards. The program honors female security professionals in a variety of categories.
The WSC Women of the Year Award recipients will be officially introduced at a special reception held during ISC West 2013 in Las Vegas. The winners will also be announced and profiled in the April installment of the eWSC awards newsletter. Last year’s award recipients included:
- Systems Integrator: Erica Wood, chief security officer, American Fire & Security
- Security Service Provider: Patricia Schmitt, president and CEO, Aegis Protective Services
- Manufacturer: Carole Dougan, vice president of Strategic Accounts, Arecont Vision
- Distributor: Debby Maffei, national account manager, ScanSource Security
- End User: Michele Freadman, deputy director of aviation security operations, Boston Logan International Airport
- Dealer: Amy Kothari, president and CEO, Alarm Capital Alliance
- In the Trenches: Renee Mallonee, dealer marketing manager, Monitronics Int’l
Nominees will be judged based upon the leadership they have exhibited in the security industry and at their companies, and the ways they have given back to the business community by mentoring or supporting other women in the security market. The WSC Founding Committee and select WSC members will spearhead the review process.
To nominate yourself or a colleague, an online nomination form can be completed here.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!