DIY Alarms: Ignore, Combat or Embrace?
The dramatic growth of Do-It-Yourself (DIY) residential security systems is sending shockwaves through the industry. So where do security integrators go from here? Join Security Sales & Integration Monday, November 13th at 2pm est to learn what this means for security integrators.
By one account, more than 75,000 DIY systems per month are being sold by just by two major players — Simplisafe and Comcast. Meanwhile, independent security dealers have seen the average installation price for a residential intrusion system fall by 33% in the past half dozen years.
So where do security integrators go from here?
In this fast-paced webinar, dealers will learn about some of the options available.
Among the questions attendees will answer are:
- What is the difference between DIY and MIY (Monitor It Yourself)?
- What a successful DIY alarm offering can look like from a traditional alarm company without cannibalizing your professional installation business?
- How can integrators use the Internet to their advantage to possibly expand into DIY?
- What areas of the security market are insulated from the DIY trend?
- How integrators can use service and expanded home automation features as a competitive advantage over DIY offers?
- Real case studies of integrators who have gone down-market successfully?
Join Security Sales & Integration on Monday, November 13 at 2:00 p.m. for this FREE webinar presented by Jason Knott.