SSI Hall Of Fame: 2004
- Worked for Iowa-based security company from 1974-84, handling guard work, undercover investigations, access control, alarms, CCTV sales, installation and field service
- In 1984, opened LRC Electronics Company (now LRC LLC) in basement of house
- Drove LRC to become largest independent service center for CCTV equipment in the U.S.
- In 1986, established LTC Training Center (now LeapFrog Training & Consulting)
Why He’s on the List
- Widely regarded as foremost authority of CCTV training
- In past 20 years, has spoken to thousands of security professionals around world
- Wrote three books, developed two certification training programs on VHS and DVD, developed full interactive educational support system on CD, and produced and gave several seminar programs
Comments & Reaction: “I am a self-trained, dyslexic, high-school dropout. I guess that I could have done worse! I want to be remembered as a regular guy that was trying to make a positive change in a sometimes negative world. I feel honored and humbled to be included on this list, and just a little bit old!”
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!