SSI Hall Of Fame: 2004
- Began electronic security career in 1969 as GM of Bourns Security Systems
- Became VP and GM of Morse Products Manufacturing in 1974
- Morse acquired Varitech in the 1980s and later became Morse Security Group
- In 1992, Optex acquired Morse, Spiller became president of Optex-Morse USA
- In 1994, semi retired to consulting
- In 1995, became executive director of the Security Industry Association (SIA)
Why He’s on the List
- Renowned industry speaker and personality
- Active participant in SIA for 20 years
- Sat on boards of National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA) and Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA)
- Negotiated sponsorship agreements between ISC Expos and the industry
- Founded Safety Awareness and Independence Through Security (SAINTS) foundation in late 1990s
Comments & Reaction: “I feel very honored. In the 25 years since Security Sales & Integration was introduced, I have had the privilege of meeting and working with almost all of the other people on this list, and I have admired and been inspired by their vision and accomplishments.”
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!