SSI Hall Of Fame: 2004
- Earned doctorate from USC
- Spent two tours in U.S. Navy
- In 1961, formed Linear in den of his house to manufacture and sell radio controls for automatic garage doors
- Extended product line to wireless security
- Company later acquired Colorado Electro-Optics, added hardwired products and went public
Why He’s on the List
- Brought together talented group of people, including his partner, Bill Schanbacher, and melded them into cohesive commercial enterprise
- Linear has continued on as one of the industry’s most prominent manufacturers
Comments & Reaction: “It is remarkable, looking back, how few companies had any interest in home security only a few short years ago. I would like to be remembered as a good father and an all-around good guy. I am surprised to have been included in SSI’s list and pleased to participate.”
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!