ASSA ABLOY Releases HES ES100 Wireless Electric Strike
The HES ES100 wireless electric strike features Aperio technology to provide real-time remote access control and monitoring.
PHOENIX — ASSA ABLOY announces the launch of the HES ES100 wireless electric strike, which the company says combines the industry-leading features of the HES 1500 and 1600 Series electric strikes with Aperio wireless technology for a retrofit solution for remote control and monitoring.
As the newest addition to the Aperio family of real-time wireless solutions, the HES ES100 concealed electric strike works in conjunction with the Securitron R100 surface-mounted reader to retrofit an opening with online access control using the existing lockset.
HES offers electric strikes for every type of lockset application and is now extending its offerings to include a battery-powered option.
Compatible with nearly all cylindrical and mortise latchbolt locksets, the HES ES100 wireless electric strikes feature interchangeable faceplates and accessories and have a modular construction for easy installation.
“Just when you think HES can’t innovate strikes any further, we do with a wireless, battery-operated solution,” says Matt Branson, product manager, ASSA ABLOY Electronic Security Hardware. “Our newest electric strike eliminates the most time-consuming and costly part of installation — running wires. The new HES ES100 wireless electric strikes with Aperio technology makes access control simple and affordable without having to run wire to every door.”
Aperio is a global wireless platform that allows you to expand your access control footprint using existing platforms. Available across a broad range of locking hardware from ASSA ABLOY Group brands, Aperio provides the flexibility to address a variety of applications throughout any facility, according to the company. The platform uses wireless communication (IEEE 802.15.4) between the lock and an Aperio hub to provide real-time communication with the access control system.
Standard Features (All Models)
- 2.4 GHz Aperio wireless technology
- Integrates with existing access control systems and credentials
- Audit trail limited by access control system
- Battery operated for stand-alone operation
- SecuriCare three-year, no-fault, no questions asked warranty
Electric Strike Features
- Fail secure operation (standard)
- Interchangeable faceplates and accessories
- Factory configured monitored (M) and non-monitored options
M Security – Monitored (Latch and Door Position Monitor)
MH Security – Monitored Kit with AH20 1:1 Wiegand Hub
- Integrated locked state and tamper monitoring
- Field adjustable integrated shim for changing door conditions
- Fully finished faceplate, keeper, case, trim, and strike body
- Stainless steel construction
- Tamper resistant
- Static strength 1500 lbs
- Dynamic strength 70 ft-lbs
- Strike body depths:
1500: 1-3/8″ [35 mm]
1600: 1-5/8″ [41 mm]
Card Reader Features
- Supports HID multiCLASS SE® card technologies
- Supports NFC & BLE mobile credentials
- Bi-color LED visual status indicators; Red/Amber or Green/Amber
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!