DoorBird Launches IP Upgrade for DoorKing Intercoms
The new upgrade adds DoorBird IP technology to installations of the DoorKing 1812 series while maintaining analog functionality.
BERLIN — Bird Home Automation, a manufacturer of IP video door stations, based here, has launched the first hybrid IP intercom D1812 for upgrading DoorKing telephone intercom systems, according to an announcement.
The new model adds DoorBird IP technology to installations of the DoorKing 1812 series while keeping the analog telephone intercom system running. The electronic core and the stainless-steel front panel in DoorBird design are easily installed via Power over Ethernet (PoE) and fit the existing DoorKing 1812 housing perfectly, according to the company.
As a result, the new upgrade is said to allow homeowners to have a state-of-the-art access control and intercom system with minimum effort.
The D1812 hybrid upgrade includes numerous high-tech features, remotely configurable via the free DoorBird app and with no licensing fees:
- 1080p camera with ultra wide-angle 180° hemispheric lens and night vision
- Free Cloud recording
- RFID reader, 13.56 MHz with MIFARE DESFire support, remotely manageable
- 4D motion sensor
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- WiFi enabled, 2.4 GHz, if a network cable is not used
- Wiegand protocol support (26, 30, 31, 34 and 44 bit)
- Illuminated keypad with up to 500 remotely manageable PIN codes
- Individual schedules, e.g. to trigger relays or smart home commands upon certain events
- Geofencing for automatic gate opening when returning home
- Open API for third-party integrations such as Control4, URC, RTI, Crestron and others
- Support for NVRs such as Synology, Luma, Lilin, Qnap and IC Realtime
The DoorBird D1812 integrates in DoorKing 1812 Classic Surface Mount, 1812 Classic Flush Mount, 1812 Plus Surface Mount and 1812 Plus Flush Mount. All DoorBird intercoms are developed, designed and manufactured in Germany and are said to comply with the highest security standards.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!