HID Global Healthcare Solution Aims to Meet Emergency Badging Needs
HID says the solution helps organizations that face an urgent need to rapidly onboard hundreds of key employees on a daily basis across multiple facilities.
AUSTIN, Texas — HID Global has introduced an emergency badging solution to help manage the secure issuance and administration of staff badges and access control credentials as they navigate the current coronavirus pandemic.
In an announcement, HID says the solution helps organizations that face an urgent need to rapidly onboard hundreds of key employees, such as medical, nursing and other staff members, on a daily basis across multiple facilities.
The new offering combines the company’s HID FARGO Connect solution for Cloud-based ID card printing with its latest innovation for Cloud-based identity management. It is said to equip organizations with a convenient “touch-free” system that minimizes the impact on overwhelmed credential issuance departments and drives a more secure work environment.
Administrative and security challenges that have emerged among industry sectors such as healthcare institutions, government agencies and other organizations providing emergency services include:
- Inefficient access management processes that require manual sign-in and sign-out
- Overwhelmed IT departments that have had to adjust credential issuance
- Restricting access to in-demand items such as medical equipment and PPE, and safeguarding against theft
HID’s emergency badging solution is said to include the tools required to issue secure credentials to temporary employees:
- HID FARGO desktop card printer for ID and card issuance
- FARGO Connect Console for badge issuance and management
- A free, six-month subscription to HID FARGO Connect and the company’s cloud-based identity management platform
- Consumables, cards, and subscriptions to HID’s applications and secure cloud environment for quick and convenient badge operations deployment
HID has compiled a list of the six most often voiced concerns in physical access security and offers guidance to address them.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!