Johnson Controls Launches Intelligent Access Management Solution
Part of Johnson Controls’ OpenBlue platform, Tyco Illustra Insight combines the functionality of access control management software with facial recognition cameras.
MILWAUKEE — Johnson Controls announces the launch of Tyco Illustra Insight, an intelligent frictionless access management solution.
The company says the solution is designed for work environments where there is a requirement for a high level of security without disrupting the constant flow of employees, contractors and visitors.
Enabled by artificial intelligence and deep learning algorithms, Tyco Illustra Insight is said to combine the functionality of access control management software and a leading-edge facial recognition camera to simultaneously recognize multiple people as they approach an entrance.
The device’s integrated LEDs, combined with audible “Welcome/Deny” messaging ensure employees, contractors and visitors intuitively know if they are authorized to enter an area.
- Anti-spoofing technology utilizes two lenses and a combination of IR and RGB video to distinguish between an actual person and a printed image or video of them.
- Faces can be accurately detected from up to three meters away, with simultaneous multi-face processing in less than one second, improving the flow of approved users.
- The cameras can be deployed at the optimal height of five to six feet for facial recognition within a wide field of view and varying heights, including wheelchair and taller users.
“The range of applications where our new technology will be able to significantly contribute to enhancing a safer working environment is extremely wide and varied,” says Rafael Schrijvers, access control product management, security products, Johnson Controls. “In healthcare and cleanroom environments, Tyco Illustra Insight removes the need for access control cards or buttons to be pushed, both of which are highly relevant to our customers amid the pandemic and beyond.”
Johnson Controls says the solution can negate the risk of card sharing and tailgating into security sensitive areas at airports. In addition to facial recognition, Illustra Insight can flag persons of interest for an integrated access control system to action; for instance, generating an alert when a VIP is identified.
Tyco Illustra Insight is part of the OpenBlue dynamic platform from Johnson Controls which, through its OpenBlue Healthy Buildings set of solutions, which is said to provide access to technology, such as smart equipment, infection control, contact tracing and social distance monitoring and other connected devices to make shared spaces safer, agile and more sustainable.
OpenBlue was designed with agility, flexibility and scalability in mind to enable buildings to become dynamic spaces for customers that deliver environments that have memory, intelligence and unique identity, according to the company.
In addition to integrating with Johnson Controls access control brands, the Tyco Illustra Insight solution can also be interconnected to any access control system with on-board traditional and modern wiring protocols. Additional features include:
- Sleek form factor with full color customizable LED light ring and configurable audible messages.
- Two-piece design of Tyco Illustra Insight ensures that the network interface is in a safe, protected area, with encrypted protocols used to ensure secure communications between the Tyco Illustra Insight camera head and the Insight control unit.
- Tyco Illustra Insight has been engineered in line with the Johnson Controls OpenBlue Cyber Solutions Product Security Program, designed to minimize the possibility of introducing vulnerabilities into electronic security solutions.
Check out the solution in action below.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!