Nexkey Claims It Can Turn Any Lock Into a Smart Lock
Nexkey says its smart access control platform is well-suited for workspaces looking to attract workforces made up of digital nomads, remote workers and coworking members.
SAN MATEO, Calif. — Traditionally, if a customer wants a smart lock, you would have to remove the original lock and then install the smart one. However, a new company has emerged that says it can make not only the front door smart, but also everything from the garage to a storage lock.
Nexkey, based here, is not just a smart lock, but a platform of hardware and software products that can transform any lock into a smart lock.
The platform consists of four main components — the core, controller, hub and app.
The Nexkey core can replace any mechanical lock cylinder and is said to install in minutes and have a battery that lasts for years.
The controller connects existing electric strikes and magnetic locks to the Nexkey platform, making it possible to unlock and secure any door via Bluetooth.
The hub connects all Nexkey doors to WiFi and allows for remote unlocking of doors for guests and deliveries. It also sends temporary keycodes for one-time users without a smartphone.
The Nexkey app allows users to create keys and assign access from a smartphone. The smartphone then becomes a “smart key.”
Here’s what Nexkey says separates it from other access control platforms:
- Any door can be smart – Nexkey’s technology works with how the door unlocks instead of replacing the lock itself making it compatible with more doors and locks. There has never been a door that Nexkey couldn’t make smart – yes even the dreaded sliding glass door.
- Replace every key on your keychain – Nexkey can actually replace all keys. Looking beyond the front door, Nexkey is your key to any meetings room, private office, garage, and even supply cabinet on your smartphone!
- Use existing door hardware – Like a magic trick, ask “Do you see any hardware on the door that would make it smart?” When they say no, blow them away by opening the door with your phone anyways. Thank you Nexkey Controller! Landlords love it.
- Designed for multiple doors and hundreds of users – Nexkey uses BLE so the smartphone can see proximity and minimize delays. There may be 25 doors in the building but the Nexkey app will show you only the door nearby. Even with a hundred of unlocks a day, Nexkey Core lasts 50,000 openings which on average is 14x longer than traditional smart locks. That’s 14 years if your current smart lock lasts one year.
- One app for all things access – For some reason most access apps can only unlock doors. Someone usually needs access at the worst times when the admin is not in front of the computer. Nexkey enables admins to grant or revoke access all in the same app used to unlock doors, nearby and remote.
View the video below to learn more about Nexkey.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!