Schlage Encode Plus With Apple HomeKit Support Now Available
Schlage says the lock is one of the first products to support the latest Apple HomeKit enhancements that include home key capabilities.
CARMEL, Ind. — Announced at the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2022 show this past winter, Schlage has introduced its Schlage Encode Plus Smart WiFi Deadbolt.
The lock manufacturer says the newly announced lock expands upon its Encode series of products, and Schlage says the lock is one of the first products to support the latest Apple HomeKit enhancements that include home key capabilities.
According to the company, through its Apple HomeKit capabilities the Encode Plus Smart WiFi Deadbolt, homeowners can use their Apple iPhones and Apple Watches to open their homes’ locks. The deadbolts also include technologies such as Schlage’s Power Reserve that allows users to unlock their homes even in the event their iPhones or iWatches’ batteries are dead. Schlage says that homeowners can use the Power Reserve technology for up to five hours once their Apple devices’ batteries are dead.
Some of the other features the Encode Plus Smart WiFi Deadbolt offers include the ability to create and manage up to 100 access codes from the lock’s companion app, and homeowners can set schedules for those codes for recurring, temporary or permanent applications.
Additionally, the latest Schlage lock provides real-time activity logs to make it easy for homeowners to know when a code has been used, and it also provides push notification options for an added level of security.
- Homeowners can check the status of their deadbolt and lock/unlock the deadbolt remotely from their phone.
- Homeowners can create and manage up to 100 access codes from the app, as well as set schedules for those codes for recurring, temporary or permanent access.
- Real-time activity logs make it easier to know when a code has been used, and customizable push notifications provide an added layer of security and peace of mind.
- Pairing the Schlage Encode Plus deadbolt with the Schlage Home app allows homeowners to use Alexa or Google Assistant to securely control their lock via voice.
- The Schlage Encode Plus deadbolt is compatible with iOS and Android devices via the Schlage Home app.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!