Icontrol Networks Expands Connected Home Ecosystem
The additions, achieved through cloud-based integration, include the LG smart refrigerator, SkyBell HD video doorbell and Bttn smart button.
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Icontrol Networks has expanded its smart home ecosystem of certified devices with the addition of the LG smart refrigerator, SkyBell HD Wi-Fi video doorbell and Bttn Wi-Fi smart button.
LG, Skybell and Bttn gained certification through the Icontrol Developer Program, which allows any cloud-based, ZigBee, Wi-Fi or Z-Wave connected device to more easily integrate with Icontrol-powered solutions, according to the company.
The newly certified devices provide end customers with the following feature sets:
LG smart refrigerator:
- Users can control the fridge temperature and ice maker, and filter odors remotely.
- Triggers and actions let homeowners create home notifications via their Icontrol system to alert them when the door is open or the air/water filters need changing.
- Goes into energy savings mode when the security system is armed.
SkyBell HD video doorbell:
- Allows the Icontrol security system to extend its coverage to the front door.
- Triggers and actions allow users to create rules that start or end with the SkyBell HD.
- Turn on porch lights and lock the door when SkyBell HD detects motion or the button is pressed.
- Take screenshots and watch recorded clips of a visitor at the front door.
Bttn smart button:
- Pushing the button allows users to trigger a pre-defined action or chain of actions. Some common uses include: Push the “good night switch” to lock doors, turn off lights, activate video surveillance and lower temperatures for the night. Press the same button again in the morning to wake up the house.
- Activate or disable the security alarm mode.
- Toggle the living room lighting between normal and TV watching modes.
- Check-in button for children: press to lock the doors and send an “I’m at home” SMS to parents.
“To reach mass adoption of the smart home, we need to remove technological barriers and ensure people can pick and choose their devices,” says Bob Hagerty, CEO of Icontrol Networks. “By introducing cloud-based integration, we’ve streamlined the processes required to interoperate with our solutions, allowing our ecosystem to grow faster than ever.”
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!