Nest x Yale Lock Gains Google Assistant Voice Control Support
Owners of the the Nest x Yale smart door lock, Nest Secure security system, Nest Cam IQ and Nest Hello video doorbell can now control all devices with Google Assistant.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — When the Nest x Yale key-free touchscreen deadbolt lock was first announced at CES, and eventually launched in March, it surprisingly lacked Google Assistant compatibility.
However, Nest has finally rectified this by pushing an update to the lock that brings Google Assistant and Home support. The Nest x Yale could previously only be controlled through the Nest app on Android and iOS.
According to Nest, you can use Google Assistant with the Nest x Yale lock to:
- Lock the Door
- Check the status of the lock
- Schedule a routine so that when you say ‘OK Google, goodnight’ all your doors lock and confirm their lock state.
Phrases you can use include:
- “OK Google, lock my door”
- “OK Google, lock the door”
- “OK Google, make sure my door is locked”
- “OK Google, secure my front door”
- “OK Google, make sure my door is secure”
Check Door is Locked
- “OK Google, is my door locked?”
- “OK Google, is my door unlocked?”
- “OK Google, what is the status of my lock?”
When integrated with Nest Secure security system, the Nest x Yale smart door lock can disarm the alarm system, and homeowners with a Nest Hello video doorbell and Nest x Yale lock can see who’s at the door and remotely unlock the door to let guests into their homes.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!