Alarm.com Lifts Curtain on Home Builder Program
Under the program, home builders can rapidly deploy smart home solutions while minimizing risks and costs. For Alarm.com service providers, the turn-key offering is said to streamline access to new growth opportunity.
TYSONS, Va. — Alarm.com (Nasdaq: ALRM) launched a comprehensive home builder program today, with new hardware and service plans geared to facilitate partnerships between home builders and the company’s service provider partners.
Home builders can rapidly deploy a full-range of Alarm.com’s smart home solutions in new communities and model homes, while minimizing risks and costs by depending on the company’s nationwide network of service provider partners for hardware installation and ongoing support.
The new program gives Alarm.com service provider partners the opportunity for new revenue generation with minimal support or training requirements, according to an announcement. Free model home kits, discounted hardware and a new automation-only service plan are intended to facilitate partnerships with home builders.
Service providers can cost-effectively deploy hardware in new home builds, showcase smart home solutions to new home buyers, and activate automation-only customers with the opportunity to upgrade to a full security solution over time.
“Builder partnerships offer a strong new growth opportunity for our service provider partners,” states Shawn Barry, Alarm.com’s vice president of strategic sales. “We designed our builder program to give Alarm.com service providers a flexible and cost-effective pathway for working with home builders. New home buyers are highly interested in a range of smart home solutions, and we’re excited about expanding the opportunity for our service providers to engage these consumers with a differentiated solution.”
For home builders, Alarm.com offers a single point of entry for introducing smart home solutions to drive new home sales. Among the advantages, the company asserts the program offers:
- Flexible Solutions. Builders can flexibly customize solutions that align with their target home buyer for each of their communities. The company’s broad ecosystem of compatible products includes leading brands for smart thermostats, locks, doorbell cameras and integrations with the leading voice assistants.
- Minimize Costs and Risks. With company’s service provider partners, builders can minimize the carrying costs and complexities of adding new hardware components to construction, or supporting customers after move-in.
- Property Management Solution: From a single interface, builders can manage their entire portfolio of both spec and model homes. An enterprise dashboard enables builders to efficiently and securely provide unattended access for showings and maintenance, instantly know about access events and trouble conditions such as water leaks, and manage thermostat parameters for energy savings.
- Second to None Security.com’s patented smart home solutions provide the investment-grade security new home buyers expect.
- Proven Platform. Engineered to meet the stringent requirements of delivering life safety services, the Alarm.com platform is installed in more than 5.5 million properties globally.
“Home builders need to consider more than just the product branding and marketing opportunity that the smart home offers,” Barry says. “The installation and configuration of connected devices, as well as supporting the customer after move-in, introduce new costs and risks. Alarm.com and our service provider partners offer home builders a single point of entry for introducing smart home solutions that will help drive new home sales while minimizing these complexities.”
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Leave a Reply