SSI Hall Of Fame: 2004
- Started in residential sales with Rollins Protective Services in 1974
- Entered manufacturing in 1980 with Solfan Systems (later C&K Systems) as regional sales manager
- From 1984-90, served as executive VP of Blue Grass Electronics
- Served as president/CEO of Intellisense from 1990-95
- Joined Pittway Corp. in March 1995 as president of Ademco Sensor Co. and executive VP of sales for Ademco Group
- Promoted to president of Ademco Group in June 2000
- Appointed president of Honeywell Security in 2002
Why He’s on the List
- At IntelliSense, pioneered worldwide market for glassbreak detectors
- Managed merger between former C&K and Ademco
- Dedicated and generous supporter of industry organizations and causes
- Raised standard for customer service in industry to much higher level through establishment of world-class “Customer Care Center”
Comments & Reaction: “I’d like to be remembered as someone who surrounded himself with the best people possible — people who are smarter than me. As a result, we’re able to bring to market the products our customers want and need at a reasonable price, and with quality levels that exceed their expectations.”
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!