SSI Hall Of Fame: 2004
- Began 45-year-plus association with alarm industry through Southern California Burglar Alarm Association in 1958
- Represented NBFAA for 25 years
- Represented industry in its dealings with local, state and federal government agencies, and labor unions
Why He’s on The List
- Introduced Secom Co. to U.S. security market and involved in its acquisitions of Valley Alarm and Westec Security
- Introduced James Covert to purchases in Australia and New Zealand
- Involved in Signature Security’s acquisition of Ameritech
- Participated in formation of Protection One
- Helped California Alarm Association (CAA) prevail over Public Utilities Commission for lower telephone rates
- Got Senate to pass legislation limiting telephone companies’ entry
- Authored first state law regulating alarm companies
- Represented Greater Los Angeles Alarm and Security Association (GLAASA) in verified response conflict
Comments & Reaction: “I am very honored and gratified. I would like to be remembered as a person who was instrumental in helping the industry gain recognition, credibility and respect, while being respected by his peers.”
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!