SSI Hall Of Fame: 2004
- Served in U.S. Navy during WWII
- Graduated from Univ. of Michigan, 1950
- Served as time study engineer for Ford Motor Co. in Detroit
- Joined J. Walter Thompson Advertising as copywriter, worked with Lee Iacocca on Mustang intro
- Became editor of Rental Equipment Register in L.A.
- Hired as copywriter for Morse Signal Devices
- Moved on to editor of Security Distribution and Marketing (SDM)
- In 1979, founded Fortuna Publishing and became editor of Alarm Installer & Dealer (AID)
Why He’s on The List
- Started AID out of his Calabasas, Calif., home
- In AID, the antecedent of SSI, spent decade establishing publication representing voice of alarm dealers and installers
- Widely known for not pulling any punches
- Launched L.A.-based event called “THE Security Show”
- Supported and contributed to state alarm association events
- Instrumental in launch of National American Alarm Association (NAAA)
Comments & Reaction: “I always work at giving back to this greatindustry that has given so much to me” — Bob Bargert. “I’m sure Bob would be very proud and honored to be included in SSI’s list. But he would probably say there were many others that deserve it more!” — Yvonne Bargert, Bob’s wife.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!