SSI Hall Of Fame: 2004
- Alongside brothers, toiled away in father’s supermarket until grocery business became difficult for small independent operator and family decided to get out in 1968
- Having self-installed a burglar alarm system in that building, which family still owns today, was intrigued by ad for “Dictograph Security Systems” franchise
- Investigated it and ultimately went into alarm business
Why He’s on the List
- Widely recognized as industry supporter and activist
- Spearheaded battle to keep phone companies from entering alarm industry for 5 years, beginning with 1996 Telecom Act
- Ensuing fight with FCC to stop Ameritech from acquiring more alarm companies was continuation of that battle
- Past president of National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA) and Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA)
- Co-founder of the Security Network of America (SNA)
Comments & Reaction: “Most geographical markets have a very strong,very well run, profitable independent company such as ours, which, so long as the family sticks together and continues a strong work ethic, will survive profitably for generations to follow. It is a great honor to be among this list of 25 peers. I thank whatever group of people in your organization made this mistake!”
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!