SSI Hall Of Fame: 2005
Why He’s On the List:
- Commitment: High quality, reliable products and customer support has earned Altronix strong brand loyalty
- Industry involvement: Served as a board member for the Security Industry Association (SIA), as president of the Staten Island Alarm Association and as a board member for the Metropolitan Burglar & Fire Alarm Association of New York
- Philanthropic activities: Meals on Wheels; Parkinson’s Disease Foundation; numerous university scholarships; Gift of Life, which funds life-saving heart surgery for children; benefactor for construction of medical research facilities; board member for American Technion Society (ATS), fundraising arm for Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
Something People Might Not Know: Gift of Life participation transcends financial support as he and his family have become personally involved with program recipients while they received medical treatment in New York. He and his family have sponsored procedures for 22 children from Russia and other republics in the former Soviet Union.
Most Memorable Moment: “My experience in the industry has given me the opportunity and pleasure of interacting with so many special people who are the backbone of this industry and in growing our family at Altronix.”
How Things Have Changed: “The pace at which technology has been advancing is unlike any period in our history. The time from product development to shipment has decreased significantly through the years.”
What the Future Holds: “The industry is definitely making a transition to integrated systems. As more digital products are deployed, the industry will eventually move to a single control platform for all related security and life-safety systems on the enterprise level.”
Reaction to Being Inducted: “Being elected into to SSI’s Hall of Fame definitely ranks as one of the high points of my career. It is an honor to be recognized by the industry that I have been involved with my whole career and for the better part of my life. It is a great sense of achievement.”
- Began as apprentice working for a local security company
- In 1974, founded Arrow Protection Services Inc., an alarm dealer with its own central station
- Launched Altronix Corp., a provider of low-voltage power supplies and controllers, in 1984 in collaboration with engineer Jonathan Sohnis
- Expanded Altronix to include OEM custom design and manufacturing
- Grew Altronix into one of the industry’s most renown and respected brands
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!