CAA 2020 Winter Conference & Tribute Open to All in Virtual Format
The webinar will recreate many of the same features of the annual event, including an Executive Symposium and CAA George A. Weinstock Award.
Held Dec. 2-4, the webinar will aim to recreate many of the same facets that have become staples of the in-person event, which was established in 1992.
Before getting into the event’s main content, Day 1 will include the Chapter President’s Meeting (a closed meeting), followed by the CAA Board of Directors Meeting. The latter session is open to all attendees and will include a report and discussion of CAA programs including training, government affairs, public safety liaison and general trends in the industry.
Following are just some of the goings-on for Days 2 & 3; all times are Pacific Standard Time:
9-10 a.m. — BSIS: Doing Business in California
- The Bureau of Security and Investigative Services licenses and regulates the alarm, locksmith, private investigator, private security services, and repossession industries. Panelists include BSIS Chief Lynne Andres, BISIS Deputy Chief Sam Stodoski and CAA Legal Counsel Les Gold (MS&K).
10:15-10:40 a.m. — Intrusion Encryption in a “Hackable World”?
- The session will be presented by Johnson Control’s Mark Buckley, Western Region Strategic Accounts, Technical Sales Trainer, Security Products Building Technologies & Solutions
10:45-11:20 a.m. — State of the M&A Market
- Panelists include Les Gold (MS&K), John Mack (Imperial Capital) and Barry Epstein (Vertex Capital).
3-3:50 p.m. — The State of Your Company
- Kirk MacDowell, president of MacGuard Security Advisors and a member of SSI’s Editorial Advisory Board, will provide his expert consultant’s perspective on alarm dealer companies operating in current market dynamics.
5-5:30 p.m. — Exhibitor Product Review
- A compilation of quick reviews of new products and services.
11-11:25 a.m. — How to Develop an Effective Exit Strategy
- Ron Davis, president of Davis Mergers & Acquisitions and SSI’s long-time “The Big Idea” columnist, will provide an industry insider’s perspective on the shifting market landscape. He will discuss challenges impacting today’s M&A market, including business and financial issues that should be addressed before selling or buying a company. Davis will also review the pros and cons of alternative exit strategies and how to ensure a successful transaction.
12:30-1:15 p.m. — Identifying New Growth Drivers to Increase RMR
- With many organizations operating in the now instead of looking beyond, this session aims to dive deep into best practices of maintaining and sustaining current business models in the contract monitoring space while identifying new growth drivers. Panelists: Mark Matlock (NMC), John Loud (Loud Security Systems), John Campau (Comtronics) and David Morgan (SD Marketing).
1:30-3 p.m. — CAA Executive Symposium
- Now in his 18th year of moderating the symposium, George De Marco, managing partner of DECO Ventures, will lead a discussion around future trends and impacts on the marketplace with featured panelists Sue Igoe (global head of business development, Google Nest), Dave Pulling (general manager, Johnson Controls) and Alan Forman (president, Altronix).
3:15-3:45 p.m. — CAA George A. Weinstock Award
- Celebrate a lifetime of achievement and nearly 30 years of volunteer service by Mike Salk of Reed Brothers Security. He will receive the honor with special opening remarks by industry icon Ron Spiller.
Attending the CAA 2020 Winter Conference & Tribute, held via Zoom, is free. To register and peruse the complete schedule of events, go here.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!