CEDIA Expo Releases Education Agenda for Smart Home Integrators
While CEDIA Expo will be entirely virtual this year, the show will still host a wide range of training and educational courses for integrators.
CEDIA has announced an extensive slate of educational offerings at this year’s virtual edition of CEDIA Expo. The courses, which range in rigor from beginner to intermediate to advanced, cover some of the most relevant and practical subjects for home technology integrators.
Topics include a curated blend of technical, business, skill-building, hardware and software-focused courses. The CEDIA Education Conference — all virtual — will take place the first two days of CEDIA Expo 2020, which will run Sept. 15-17.
“Learners will be treated to a wide array of high-quality courses delivered virtually to wherever they are in the world,” says CEDIA vice president of education and training Samantha Ventura.
“The subject matter will be on point for integrators of all skill levels searching for knowledge from high-caliber experts who live and breathe the finer points of the industry. We’re engaging learners on all levels and doing so with topics that will give them techniques, expertise, and valuable takeaways to grow their knowledge base and build their business.
“You can’t find virtual industry education this rigorous delivered straight to you anywhere else. We are extremely excited about the number of learning opportunities for Spanish speakers this year and the increased accessibility created by on-demand capabilities,” adds Ventura.
In all, the 2020 CEDIA Expo education slate is made up of more than 80 classes — all online. Can’t make one of the courses as it’s scheduled? Anyone purchasing the pass this year will also be granted access to the virtual courses for the rest of 2020. Beginning Sept. 15, many sessions will be available on-demand, boosting accessibility for integrators in key global markets.
CEDIA Expo Virtual Education Opportunities
This year the show will feature many valuable courses for integrators to take advantage of, including:
- Ten Spanish language courses on topics including cybersecurity, audio setup and calibration, project management, and automation.
- Peter Aylett will cover a critical, forthcoming update on a more accurate system to measure the performance of home theater projects.
- “Architectural Cinema: Deliver Premier Results for Projects at the Highest End” will dive deep into many principles and emerging practices such as streamlining the design process, a new benchmarking methodology, and a scoring system for theaters similar to wine or rare cars.
- A new installment of Eric Crawford’s popular “Process, Process, Process” series will explore best practices relating to proven methods for business success.
- Rich Green will examine what he says could be positioned to be “the single most important development in the history of technology:” Spatial computing.
- With more and more uses for 5G emerging every day, Michael Heiss will help you uncover where the technology is heading like virtual and augmented reality, autonomous vehicles and medical devices.
- CEDIA’s own David Meyer will take you into the evolving world of HDMI 2.1 with a look at the newest implications for technology and applications including eARC, 8K and HDR video, gaming, and compression.
- Back by popular demand, Robert Ridenour returns with his “Wash, Rinse, Repeat” series with a course focusing on streamlining and customizing well-detailed, repeatable elements in the sales process.
- Global thought leader Leslie Shiner will examine how to execute a break-even analysis, designed to determine the best path to make crucial business decisions.
- “The Secret to Winning with Architects” will dissect what makes architects tick and how you, as an integrator, can learn how to understand architects better so you can unlock more business opportunities with them.
- CEDIA’s Samantha Ventura will take a comprehensive look at the many facets of the workplace and its culture that, when understood, can help you become a more successful and stronger leader, including leadership styles, developing soft skills, and common challenges leaders face.
Registration for CEDIA Expo 2020 is now available. Learn more about the CEDIA Education courses being offered by clicking here. Through Sept. 2, the early bird rate for CEDIA Education is $149; thereafter, the cost will be $199.
This article first appeared on SSI sister publication CEPro.com.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Leave a Reply