SIA Releases Part 1 Agenda for Virtual 2021 GovSummit
SIA will host the annual public policy and government security technology conference as a three-part virtual event beginning April 28.
SILVER SPRING, Md. – The Security Industry Association has released the agenda and speaker lineup for part one of the 2021 SIA GovSummit, an annual public policy and government security technology conference.
SIA GovSummit 2021 will be held as a three-part virtual conference, with sessions held on April 28, June 9 and Sept. 21.
Each year, SIA GovSummit brings together government security leaders with private industry technologists for information sharing and education on security topics affecting federal, state and local agencies. The 2021 virtual conference will examine emerging policy trends, the government’s technology needs and changes in the risk environment that shape the development of products and advanced systems integration.
“SIA GovSummit delivers high-quality insights and information on how government uses security technology to meet evolving challenges and succeed across a wide spectrum of missions,” says Jake Parker, senior director of government relations at SIA. “With this new three-part virtual format in 2021, we look forward to offering the program to a wide spectrum of interested attendees and delving even deeper into the most important issues for federal, state and local government security practitioners.”
The first installment of the 2021 virtual conference will be held as a full-day program on April 28, beginning 10 a.m. (EDT) with a keynote presentation from U.S. Rep. John Katko (R-N.Y.), ranking member of the House Committee on Homeland Security. Katko will share insights on security challenges and how we can address them as a nation.
Additional session topics will include:
- The American Rescue Plan’s impact on deployment of safety and security technologies
- What the DOD Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification means for contractors and security suppliers
- The role of the SAFETY Act under the Biden administration
- Protecting public buildings against violent civil unrest
- Lessons learned from the Christmas Day bombing in Nashville
- Facility safety, COVID-19 and identity and facility management technologies
- Audio security technology’s use in government facility applications
View the full agenda here.
Speakers for the virtual event include:
- William Braniff, director, National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism
- Daryle Hernandez, chief, Interagency Security Committee, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- David Kelly, deputy director, Security Management Group, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
- Anna Mansueti, director of diversity and gender equity, Platinum East
- Gabriel Russell, regional director, Federal Protective Service
View the full list of speakers here.
This event is free for all government employees, including U.S. and international federal, state, county and municipal-level staff, plus all military, law enforcement and public safety personnel. SIA GovSummit is considered a “widely attended gathering” and complies with all relevant event guidelines.
Each industry attendee can choose to register for the April 28 session only or purchase an All-Access Pass to attend all three event installments for a discounted rate. For more information and to register, go here.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!