Integrator of the Month: LVC Companies
Each month SSI highlights one of the security industry’s most progressive integrators that has attended the SSI Summit. This month is LVC Companies.
SSI Summit Stars is a new monthly department that highlights some of the security industry’s most progressive integrators that have attended the SSI Summit. This exclusive, invitation-only event is held annually in conjunction with the Total Tech Summit, which includes hundreds more integrators from the residential and commercial A/V fields.
This month, SSI hears from LVC Companies CEO and President Bert Bongard.
TECHNOLOGIES, SERVICES & MARKETS
Sells, designs, installs, services and monitors integrated systems (e.g. video surveillance, access control, alarms, A/V and emergency/mass notification) and fire protection (e.g. alarms, sprinklers, specialty detection and suppression) for all commercial markets including industrial, healthcare, education, military and government.
I often think about what is at the essence of what I do every day, and it is connecting and protecting people. Each of the technology solutions we provide accomplishes one, the other or both of those. My philosophy approaching projects is to proceed as though my family would be in that building at some point, asking myself, what would I do to protect them?
I also enjoy that as technology becomes more complex and capable, my ability to customize comprehensive system solutions that address the personal needs and applications my customers’ experience has expanded too. It is rewarding to know that what we do matters.
TOP 3 CHALLENGES
- Company Culture: We are nearly four times larger today in employees and revenue than we were five years ago. Greater diversity in our workforce as a result drives the need to be more transparent and open, request feedback and ideas from all employees, communicate more regularly and foster environments that promote teamwork.
- Brand management: We continue to bring all areas of our business in line with current brand standards, and through many initiatives including our software implementation, have found areas to streamline our visual brand. The software includes modules that will allow all users access to company-approved templates and messaging.
- Talent: We have an employee referral incentive program and regularly encourage our employees to be on the lookout for the next top LVC employee. Activities like our community service efforts and industry networking also help us attract potential employees. We participate in some traditional recruiting efforts like job fairs, ads and recruiting websites, but our best results come from referrals and business relationships.
TOP 3 DIFFERENTIATORS
- Curiosity: We are always looking for new ways to solve common or recurring problems. We look at each customer need as an opportunity to find new ways to provide better, longer-term answers.
- Solutions: As technology evolves it is our responsibility to provide clients the most comprehensive solutions that will carry through many iterations of technology advances. We do more than offer blanket answers to common problems.
- Results: Simply finishing a project or job is not enough for us. We ensure the solutions we vet and employ for our clients help them realize results that make their business better and moves them forward in their goals and initiatives.
TOP 3 OPPORTUNITIES
- National Security Group: We are in the process of building a national footprint and have launched a national security group. We are focused on providing a personalized service deployed through a centrally managed experience. This national group will also expand our managed service offerings. As this group establishes, we will add products and services beyond surveillance.
- Growth through Acquisition: We have spent the last several years expanding our local service offerings which has given us expertise in more disciplines, making us a unique single source provider in the fire/life safety and electronic technology space. We have built a broad foundation with a variety of geographies and technology offerings and are now positioned to grow through account addition and development, part of which will happen through additional strategic acquisitions.
- Smart Building Technology Offerings: As technology evolves and expands, we are continually looking for new ways to serve the needs of our clients. As the workplace evolves, the need to provide environments that are responsive, adaptable, well, green and smart increases too. We continue to assess how our technology plays a role in these environmental demands and work to meet the needs of our clients to provide evolved working spaces to their constituents.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Leave a Reply