M2M Services Debuts Hardware-as-a-Service Business Model at ISC West 2021
M2M’s HaaS business model ensures a lifetime warranty and an option for free upgrades in all network sunset events in the future.
LAS VEGAS — M2M Services debuted its hardware-as-a-service (HaaS) business model centered around its alarm communicators at ISC West 2021.
The company displayed its two future-proof communicators, the MQ03-LTE-M-FIRE-AV and the MiNi-LTE-M-AV.
The MQ03-LTE-M-FIRE-AV commercial fire alarm communicator, which won an ESX Innovation Award earlier this year, has been praised for its efficiency, exceptional coverage and affordable cost, according to the company. M2M says the dual-SIM, dual-path radio is the only one of its kind on the market, supporting both AT&T and Verizon in the same device.
The MiNi-LTE-M-AV, a 5G-Ready residential alarm communicator, won a SIA New Product Showcase Award this year. It also supports both AT&T and Verizon in the same radio and the HaaS business model.
M2M says the $0-priced device came as an answer to the fact that capital expenditures appeared to be the main cost that alarm companies incur during technology sunsets, such as the upcoming 3G/CDMA one.
“In light of those events, we came up with a unique solution to the U.S. alarm companies: a business model where we give you the device for free, and subsequently, you only pay for the cellular service. The device comes with a lifetime warranty and an option for free upgrades in all network sunset events in the future” says Phillip Galaboff, chief strategy officer at M2M Services.
The offering can be accessed through the list of selected distributors available here.
- Multi-band CAT M1 LTE 700/850/1700/1900/2100 MHz
cellular communicator for AT&T and Verizon LTE-M networks
- Dual-SIM for AT&T/Verizon
- Dual ring & tip
- Dial capture interface supporting ContactID, SIA and Pulse 4+2
- 4 digital inputs, 2 digital outputs (programmable)
- Dual-path: LAN and cellular channels
- Supply voltage: +12 to +30 VDC
- Power consumption: Nominal 50mA, Peak 200 mA
- Compact dimensions: 2.48″ x 3.54″ x 1.26″
- Weight: 2.65 oz (75 g) without antenna
- CAT-M1 LTE 700/850/1700/1900/2100 MHz cellular communicator for AT&T/Verizon
- Dual-SIM for AT&T/Verizon
- ARM11 processor, 2MB RAM, 7MB Flash
- Dial capture interface supporting Ademco ContactID, SIA and Pulse 4+2
- 1 digital input, 1 digital output
- Remote upload/download to selected Honeywell, DSC, Interlogix panels
- Keybus integration with selected Honeywell and DSC panels
- Supply voltage: +10 to +17 VDC
- Power consumption: Nominal 15 mA, Peak 200 mA
- Ultra-compact dimensions: 1.2″ x 1.8″ x 0.6″ (30 x 45 x 15 mm) – the world’s smallest communicator
- Weight: 0.9 oz (25 g) without antenna
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!