Why Some Suppliers Are Stellar Service Superstars to Their Dealers
The comments from dealers who nominated their favorite suppliers for the 2023 Stellar Service Awards give insight into what they want.
This year’s SSI Supplier Stellar Service Awards shine a spotlight on some of the industry’s best at getting their customers exactly what they need exactly when they need it. It’s performances like that that make for repeat customers and projects that are on time and on budget.
SSI‘s Supplier Stellar Service Awards recognize manufacturers, distributors and third-party monitoring centers that deliver the highest levels of service and support to installing dealers and integrators, who cast votes to determine gold, silver and bronze medal level winners.
When we were seeking nominees for this year’s awards, we asked dealers to share some of their specific experiences with their suppliers and why they chose them. Here’s a sampling of their responses:
- “Linda Hammett with AlarMax will find the product you need for the job quicker than anyone. She also has the most knowledge in the industry. She is always willing to help and has created the best team to support us out in the field.”
- “Alula was one of the only companies that was willing to work with a new, small dealer. They made it easy to become an installer of their product and did not enforce any quotas or minimums allowing me not to stress about getting dropped by them while I was building up my company.”
- “ASSA ABLOY and the Canadian team, led by Roy Pzark, go the extra mile in helping solve end-user problems by providing custom-made software integrations.”
- “DMP is a class act and always goes above and beyond in everything they do. They truly take their corporate philosophies to heart every day in every interaction. Responsive, organized, professional.”
- “ELK Products is outstanding in every way. Most important for me is their technical support department. Under the direction of Brad Weeks, they provide support beyond their own products like help with Windows and the Internet as related to activating their products. The techs are patient, caring and professional in every way.”
- “Genetec takes all issues seriously regardless of size, from a single camera issue to a large VMS-wide issue. They have knowledgeable support staff and sales who know the intricate aspects of their systems. They have been amazing to work with.”
- “LenelS2 goes above and beyond when it comes to access control and mobile credentials. They listen, educate, recommend and act in an efficient and professional way.”
- “Even though Openpath was bought by Motorola, it still feels personal when contacting them for support. They don’t have the call center vibe/feel like other big-name access control companies. You know you’re talking with an individual who is knowledgeable and is going to take their time to help you resolve your issue or get you the answers that you need.”
- “SS&Si constantly goes out of their way to assist dealers, while always ensuring that even the ‘little guys’ feel treated just like the ‘big guys’! Their service commitment to dealers is never-ending. A prime example is when they offered to custom brand any dealer’s panels with their logo, even if they did not purchase them from them.”
Honorable Mentions: Manufacturers / Distributors / Central Stations
21st Century Distributing
Acadian Monitoring Services
Accredited Lock Supply
AFY Wholesale Security Distribution
Alarm Monitoring Services
Alarm Products Distributors
Allen Tel Products
Allied Alarm Monitoring
Brooklyn Low Voltage Supply
Eagle Eye Networks
George Risk Industries (GRI)
HID (ASSA ABLOY)
IML Security Supply
Legacy Security Services
Nationwide Digital Monitoring
PSA Security Network
Southwest Automated Security
UCC (COPS Monitoring)
Von Duprin (Allegion)
Workhouse Service Company Solutions
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!