Per Mar Earns TMA 5-Diamond Certification for Central Station Excellence
The TMA Five Diamond designation signifies that Per Mar has demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to its local community and customers.
DAVENPORT, Iowa — Per Mar Security Services, a leading regional provider of security solutions for residential and commercial clients, has recertified its TMA Five Diamond status for central station excellence.
Five Diamond Certification is granted by The Monitoring Association (TMA; formerly CSAA) to central stations that meet the five points of excellence.
“We consider it essential to earn the TMA Five Diamond Certified status-operating our own monitoring center allows us to control the quality of this critical life safety function, and we rely on benchmarking and certifications to be sure we are delivering top quality service,” says Brian Duffy, president of Per Mar’s electronic security division.
The five points of excellence are:
- Commitment to random inspections and quality criteria standards by a nationally recognized testing laboratory such as FM Approvals, Intertek/ETL and UL
- Commitment to the highest levels of customer service
- Commitment to ongoing job-related education and testing by having 100% of its central station operators certified using TMA online training series
- Commitment to raising the industry standards through TMA membership and participation in its activities
- Commitment to reducing false dispatches
TMA Five Diamond designation means, in particular, that Per Mar has demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to its local community and customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to quality operator training, according to an announcement.
The TMA Monitoring Center Operator course covers virtually all phases of monitoring center communications with customers, police, fire and emergency services communications centers.
In order to achieve the Five Diamond designation, each operator must not only pass the course, but demonstrate:
- Proficiency in alarm confirmation process, which helps reduce false alarms
- Proficiency in communications with Public Service Answering Points, such as the emergency 911 centers
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including, cellular, radio and internet communication systems
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities
There are approximately 2,700 monitoring centers in the United States that communicate and interact with police, fire and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than 200 monitoring centers have achieved the Five Diamond designation.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!