Security Industry Association Announces Conference Lineup for AcceleRISE 2023
SIA’s annual gathering focused specifically on young security leaders is scheduled for Aug. 14-16 in Denver.
SILVER SPRING, Md. – The Security Industry Association (SIA) has announced the schedule, speaker lineup and program for the 2023 AcceleRISE conference, hosted by SIA’s RISE community for young leaders and those new to the security industry, in Denver Aug. 14-16.
SIA created the AcceleRISE conference for young people in the security industry and “designed to ignite new thinking, strengthen leadership and sharpen business acumen,” according to the association announcement.
AcceleRISE “tackles the issues that matter most to emerging leaders in the security industry and features a diverse array of premier learning sessions, interactive workshops and lively activities geared toward rising stars in the industry,” the announcement says.
“Beyond elated for AcceleRISE 2023 in Denver, Colorado – a naturally beautiful city bordered by the Colorado Rocky Mountains, famous for its incredible cuisine, museums, breweries and sports,” said SIA RISE Chair Jake Brown, business development/operations at Secure Access & Digital Systems, in the announcement.
“We have an amazing lineup of speakers that will give attendees so much understanding into leadership, emerging security trends and professional and personal development,” he said. “I’m also really looking forward to the networking at the conference from start to finish, as we have planned some amazing events at the Denver Selfie Museum, Wynkoop Brewing Company and a Colorado Rockies game at Coors Field.”
Inside the 2023 SIA AcceleRISE Conference
Session topics for AcceleRISE 2023 will include:
- ChatGPT and the security industry
- Communication skills from small talk to team meetings
- Building your personal “board of directors”
- EQ versus IQ
- Maximizing opportunities and mitigating risks with digital transformation
- Proptech security and unlocking inclusive access
- Prioritizing intentionality in career development
- Cybersecurity as a career accelerator
- Building your personal brand
- Personal finance
- Facial recognition: a lively, interactive debate
Outside the conference sessions, attendees will have the chance to form relationships with other young industry professionals and attend networking happy hours, a workout class and other outings in Denver.
Speakers for the 2023 event include:
- Dakota Bierly, sales and marketing manager, Northland Controls
- Benji Bolick, senior digital communications specialist, ASSA ABLOY
- Beth Burnsed, senior manager, marketing and communications, Genetec
- Rich Campbell, training and development specialist, RFI
- Andrea Davis, founder, president and CEO, The Resiliency Initiative
- John Deskurakis, chief product security officer, Carrier
- Erica Grant, CEO, Quantal Security
- Kim Hooper, founder, Arumik Consulting
- Dr. Alka Khungar, CX leader, Johnson Controls
- Will Knehr, senior manager of information security and data privacy, i-PRO Americas
- Bobby Louissaint, global security program manager, Meta
- Erin Mann, senior manager of business operations, Latch
- Idan Meir, co-founder and CEO, RightHear
- Lee Odess, CEO, Access Control Executive Brief
- Amanda Payne, program manager, Northland Controls
- Avory Ransome, integrator sales consultant, Allegion
- Kerri Sutherland, manager, HR business partnerships, Axis Communications
- Quang Trinh, business development manager, platform technologies, Axis Communications
- Colby Williams, associate director of government relations, SIA
- Sabrina Wilson, senior vice president, human resources, dormakaba Americas
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!