SIA to Host New Conference for Young Security Professionals
AcceleRISE 2019 is geared to inspire new thinking, strengthen leadership skills and sharpen business acumen in young talent.
SILVER SPRING, Md. — The Security Industry Association (SIA) will present a new conference in August for young security professionals, offering idea sharing, coaching, business skills development, networking and inspiration.
AcceleRISE 2019 will be held Aug. 14-16 at the Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown in Minneapolis, Minn.
Hosted by SIA’s RISE community for young professionals and those new to the industry, the conference will present blended learning sessions featuring a mix of keynotes, panel sessions, team-building exercises, peer networking and workshops.
“Finding and keeping qualified talent is the number-one issue facing SIA members and the industry. As part of SIA’s comprehensive workforce development plan, employers will find that AcceleRISE is a smart business investment,” says Don Erickson, CEO of SIA. “AcceleRISE will provide young security professionals with a compelling learning experience, ignite new thinking, strengthen leadership skills, sharpen business acumen and ultimately propel attendees forward as stronger contributors to their employers’ success.”
- Gain insight into leadership, business and soft skills development to become more productive
- Develop a unique understanding of emerging security trends and the potential impact on each component of the security ecosystem
- Understand the principles of critical thinking and their applications to various work situations in a professional environment
- Learn from the experience of accomplished security professionals in various practice settings to offer concrete examples of career paths in the security sphere
AcceleRISE is billed as the security industry’s first conference intended specifically for young professionals and therefore fills a void within the industry, says Brendan McFall, technical project manager at Northland Controls and past chair of the RISE steering committee.
“SIA has long been at the forefront of promoting career growth among young professionals within the security industry. From specialized educational sessions at ISC West to networking events across the country to RISE itself, SIA has numerous ways for millennials and young security professionals to get involved and learn the tools needed to evolve their careers,” McFall says.
Topics addressed at the conference will include:
- Introduction to the security industry ecosystem
- Project and time management
- Finance for the non-finance manager
- Understanding game changers
- Inspiring yourself to innovate
Additional conference highlights will include a networking reception with industry leaders, group exercises and team building activities.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!