SIA Establishes Utilities Advisory Board Steering Committee
SIA’s Utilities Advisory Board was created to offer insights into emerging security trends, regulatory compliance issues and recommended practices for protecting utility infrastructure.
SILVER SPRING, Md. — The Security Industry Association (SIA) announce the first members of its Utilities Advisory Board Steering Committee.
SIA says it created the Utilities Advisory Board to offer insight and education to security practitioners, members of the security industry and other stakeholders about emerging security trends, regulatory compliance issues, and recommended practices for protecting utility infrastructure.
The steering committee members, listed below, represent a broad range of expertise in the security industry:
- Chair: Joey St. Jacques, ACRE
- Vice Chair: David Lathrop, Unlimited Technology
- Pierre Bourgeix, ESI Convergent
- Hyong Cho, RFI Communications and Security Systems
- Jasvir Gill, AlertEnterprise
- Scott Gross, Con Edison
- Benji Hutchinson, Paravision
- Dan Krantz, Secure Worker Access Consortium
- Steve Lindsay, XTec
- Harry Regan, SixtyBit Consulting
- Patrick Simon, Beehive Technology Solutions
- Steven Sinclair, Convergint
- Dave Stolerow, Siemens
- Nathan Vank, IronYun
- Christopher Walcutt, DirectDefense
- Gladys Wanyeki, Salto Systems
- Linda Ziemba, AeroDefense
“We are excited to have such an extraordinary group of people leading the SIA Utilities Advisory Board,” SIA CEO Don Erickson says. “As part of the nation’s critical infrastructure, utilities have unique security challenges, and this esteemed group is extremely qualified to address those challenges.”
Chair Joey St. Jacques says he is honored to lead the group in its vital tasks of educating SIA membership while also helping to protect the utility sector through the delivery of high-quality information.
“I’m incredibly impressed with the expertise and unique value that each committee member brings to the table. Their energy, passion and knowledge is overwhelming. I look forward to the Utilities Advisory Board delivering valuable insights and guidance to SIA members and utility security practitioners,” Jacques comments.
The SIA Utilities Advisory Board includes five subcommittees focused on cybersecurity, regulations, technology, security practitioners and partnerships. The subcommittee chairs are:
- Cybersecurity Subcommittee: Patrick Simon, Beehive Technology Solutions
- Regulations Subcommittee: Christopher Walcutt, DirectDefense
- Technology Subcommittee: Jasvir Gill, AlertEnterprise
- Security Practitioners Subcommittee: Steven Sinclair, Convergint
- Partnerships Subcommittee: Pierre Bourgeix, ESI Convergent
SIA also recently launched its Proptech Advisory Board to bridge engagement between the proptech community and the global security industry through partnerships, education and thought leadership.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!