New SIAcademy LIVE! e-Learning Series Aimed at Small, Midsized Integrators
SIAcademy LIVE! is designed to accelerate business growth, covering topics like how to optimize challenging parts of an integration company.
SILVER SPRINGS, Md. — The Security Industry Association (SIA) is presenting a new virtual educational series, SIAcademy LIVE!, geared toward helping small and midsized installing security contractors optimize their businesses.
Each installment of the SIAcademy LIVE! e-learning series offers four to six hours of training. Similar to the association’s Security Project Management courses, the SIAcademy LIVE! programs are led by SIA-selected expert instructors in a small-group type format. The maximum class size is 25 students. Participants are encouraged to interact and share collaboratively with other students.
The next installment of SIAcademy LIVE! will begin in May with “Optimize Your Integration Business.” The course is for leaders and managers at integration/installing/reseller businesses who are looking to streamline operations within their firms and simultaneously win more business. For this program, six training sessions will cover the following topics:
- May 5: Creating Competitive Advantage: From Site Assessments to Install and Everything In Between; instructor, Elisa Mula, founder, EMD, a provider of consulting and contracting services.
- May 12: Best Practices for Successful Security Design Projects; instructor, Frank Pisciotta, president, Business Protection Specialists, a security risk consultant
- May 19: How to Position Your Company for Success in Today’s Competitive Business Landscape; instructor, Kirk MacDowell, president, MacGuard Security Advisors
- May 26: Common Project Profitability Killers and Effective Project Management; instructors, John Nemerofsky, COO, Sage Integration, and Brendan McFall, technical engineering manager, Northland Controls
- June 2: Technology as a Service: Creating a Business Case for Your Company and Your Customer; instructor, Paul Metzheiser, managing partner, TAMCO
- June 9: Business Optimization: Creating a Culture of Continuous Improvement; instructor: Jon Laing, director of training and development, ASSA ABLOY
All sessions will be recorded for on-demand access. Once a series installment is completed, students will receive an official SIA Certificate of Completion, attesting knowledge in this area. Each SIAcademy LIVE! learning series is approved as SIA Center of Excellence content, ensuring it is thorough, vendor-neutral and highly informative.
For more information, including pricing and complete schedule, go here.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Commercial Integrator + Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add to your bottom line.
A FREE subscription to the top resource for security and integration industry will prove to be invaluable.