Vivint Takes First Place in J.D. Power Home Security Satisfaction Survey
MONI, Guardian Protection Services and ADT are among the others that received recognition for home security customer satisfaction.
COSTA MESA, Calif. — J.D. Power has released the results of its 2017 Home Security Satisfaction Study.
Compared to other at-home studies such as windows and patio doors, home improvement retailers, clothes washers and dryers, and dishwashers, overall customer satisfaction with home security brands is relatively high, according to J.D. Power.
On a 1,000-point scale, overall customer satisfaction for home security is 831, compared with all other at-home studies at 825.
The study identifies 11 key performance indicators that have a significant effect on satisfaction (listed in order of importance):
- features of your security system met your needs
- billing statements did not have errors
- did not experience problems with your home security system
- number of phone contacts needed to answer question/resolve problem
- ability to control your system outside the home
- two-way talk provided over the control panel
- did not experience false alarms
- reviewed the instruction manual or online support documents
- sales contract terms fair and reasonable
- smart/connected home features
- if service technician arrived on time
Vivint Smart Home claimed the top spot with a rating of 851. According to the study, Vivint performs well in high importance attributes: effectiveness of securing my home; ease of using the system; timeliness of resolving problem, question or request; and clarity of information provided for customer service.
Below are some key findings from the study:
- Meeting KPIs helps raise satisfaction and advocacy: When six or more of the 11 KPIs are met, satisfaction is 879, with 72% of customers saying they “definitely will” recommend the brand to a friend, relative or colleague. When five or fewer KPIs are met, satisfaction declines to 773 and the percentage drops to 42%.
- Satisfied customers are spreading the word: From a customer advocacy perspective, 89% of delighted home security customers (overall satisfaction scores of 901 and above) say they “definitely will” recommend the brand to others, compared with the study average of 58%. Among delighted customers, the average number of positive recommendations is 3.3, compared with the study average of 2.2.
- Satisfied customers are loyal: Among delighted customers, 61% say they “definitely will not” switch from their home security brand, compared with the study average of 37%.
“There’s a clear connection between a customer’s level of product knowledge and level of satisfaction,” says Greg Truex, Senior Director of the At-Home Practice at J.D. Power. “Satisfaction is crucial because it leads to more recommendations and increased brand loyalty, which are important in such a big industry.”
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!