Dedrone Releases Major Upgrade for DroneTracker Software
Dedrone describes DroneTracker 3 is a machine learning network that can detect drones over a mile away from a protected site.
SAN FRANCISCO — Dedrone, a leader in airspace security and developers of the ﬁrst drone detection software platform, announces its next generation software upgrade, DroneTracker 3.
The company says DroneTracker is the industry’s first airspace security solution that includes automated summary reporting for instant diagnosis of drone airspace activity.
DroneTracker 3 brings significant enhancements for customers including:
- Automated summary reporting, enabling security personnel to instantaneously assess and analyze drone threats
- Enterprise-grade security and management, allowing for multi-user management and seamless integration into existing security programs
- Increased simplification of platform set up, creating an intuitive and quick-to-deploy system
Dedrone’s software is a machine learning network using information from a proprietary database, DroneDNA. The DroneTracker software works by gathering intelligence from various sensors, including radio frequency and WiFi scanners, microphones and cameras.
DroneTracker 3 can detect drones over a mile away from a protected site and determines the communications protocol of the drone, its flight path and the location of the pilot. Once a drone is detected, the software alerts security personnel and can be integrated to deploy a passive security measure or defeat the technology, according to the company.
“Ultimately, DroneTracker 3 identifies how many drones are in an organization’s airspace, a question which was nearly impossible to answer prior to the launch of DroneTracker,” says Joerg Lamprecht, CEO and co-founder of Dedrone. “Our global customer base is growing every day, as are drone threats across every industry we work with. With this in mind, we’ve added significant enhancements to make DroneTracker an even better fit for enterprise environments, to ensure they understand the risks to their airspace and prevent drone interruptions and threats.”
Dedrone recently won a 2017 ASIS Accolades Award which recognize the security industry’s most innovative new products, services and solutions.
Below are additional highlights of DroneTracker 3 released by Dedrone:
Automated summary reporting: DroneTracker is the industry’s first airspace security solution that includes automated summary reporting right out of the box.
Improved detection and reliability: Drone detection accuracy and reliability have been significantly improved for Dedrone RF Sensors and 3rd-party video cameras. New and upgraded algorithms deliver:
- Improved drone detection accuracy compared to previous versions
- Reduction of false positive detections by over 99%
- Increased drone tracking range for video cameras
- Improved tracking and re-detection of hovering, fast, and small drones
Enterprise-grade security and management: Enterprise customers require solutions that meet security standards, integrate with existing procedures, and enable multi-user management at scale. DroneTracker 3 provides the following:
- End-to-end encryption of communication between sensors and software
- Role-based access control and administration
- Complete change log with audit trail
- Visibility into license information and inventory
Enhanced ease-of-use: Keeping the user in mind, the Dedrone team has put considerable effort into making the platform as intuitive and user-friendly as possible. In this release Dedrone has added:
- Flexible map modes including static, fixed-coordinate, or live, with support for street, satellite, and hybrid modes
- New alert organization, including alert filtering, improved page navigation, and configuration of notifications
- A new RF Sensor recording view
- New, simplified software installation and upgrade procedures
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Leave a Reply