SSI Hall Of Fame: 2004
- Graduated Harvard College in 1965
- Received graduate degree in business in 1969
- Worked 3 years for Office of Economic Opportunity
- Entered alarm industry in 1971 as salesman for Ademco, part of Pittway Corp., where his family had controlling interest
- Involved in charitable pursuits since Pittway was sold
Why He’s on the List
- Spent 29 years with Pittway, helped grow it into industry’s largest manufacturing and distributing concern
- Pittway’s systems included Ademco, Notifier, System Sensor, ADI, Northern Computers and others
- From 1993-1998, guided Pittway to 23-percent yearly revenue growth of more than $1 billion annually
- Helped protect fire alarm industry from outside threats and code legislation through involvement with Ionization Smoke Detector’ Information Bureau in the late 1970s and NEMA codes committee in the ’80s
Comments & Reaction: “At Pittway, my greatest contribution was to let our talented managers run their businesses the way they wanted to, encouraging their good ideas and discouraging what I thought were bad ideas. It is an honor to be part of SSI’s list. I look forward to seeing the rest of it!”
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!