Carbon Monoxide Detector Saves Family of 5


Five lives were recently saved because of a lone carbon monoxide detector in a Ralston home. According to Fire Chief Kyle Ienn, shortly after 10:20 p.m., the Ralston Fire Department received a call concerning a possible natural gas leak in a home on State Street. What firefighters found, however, were high levels of carbon monoxide. They immediately evacuated the home of five.

According to the World-Herald newspaper, the carbon monoxide detector in this home was previously installed through a free carbon monoxide (CO) detector program put on by the city of Ralston.

“That call more than likely saved his life,” says Chief Ienn, whose fire department installs CO detectors free of charge for Ralston residents.

If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!

Security Is Our Business, Too

For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.

A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!

Subscribe Today!

Get Our Newsletters