How Nightingale Is Making Aerial Security a Reality
With its intelligent drone infrastructure perched atop commercial and industrial end users’ solutions, Nightingale Security yields more expansive protection and faster response.
Photos and VideosView Slideshow
Scoping Out RAS System Specs & Capabilities
Nightingale Security’s robotic aerial security (RAS) service offers a comprehensive bird’s-eye security view for its commercial and industrial clientele. Among the key features, the RAS system offers: autonomous takeoff, patrol, landing and recharging; routine, prescheduled flight missions; live video streaming to multiple people simultaneously; dual sensor (visible and thermal); scalable platform for integration of new applications; autonomous navigation to points of interest; object recognition and following; and data retrieval and video 24/7 from secure data storage.
Below are highlights of the base station and drones.
BASE STATION SPECS
- Rooftop mountable with unistrut metal framing system
- Automated lid opening and closing
- IR landing beacon and drone centering mechanism
- Powerful internal PC supports OTA updates and allows for future expandability
- Autonomous contact charging of drone
- Operating voltage: 110/220VAC
- Cellular, WiFi or local network connectivity
- Dust and water resistant (rain, snow)
- UPS backup power for emergency operations• Sensors for remote monitoring of base station health and base station surroundings
- Dimensions: 168 cm wide X 158 cm long X 91 cm tall
- Top speed: 64 kilometers per hour
- Flight time: 30 minutes (fully loaded with sensors)
- Battery charge time: 100% in 45 minutes / 80% in 20 minutes
- Maximum of 13 operational hours per unit per day
- Operational radius of 4 kilometers• Long-range encrypted datalink (~2 kilometers) or cellular-based C3 (command, control & communication)
- Gimbal mount camera sensor stabilization
- Video stream formats supported: Adobe HDS, RTMP, HLS, Microsoft Smooth, MPEG DASH, RTSP/RTP
- Allows sensor swapping for additional capabilities• Precision landing for automated base docking/charging
- Dust and water resistant
- Dimensions: 93 W X 83 L X 28 T cm
Erin Harrington has 20+ years of editorial, marketing and PR experience within the security industry. Contact her at email@example.com.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!