D-Tools Unveils Major New Release of System Integrator Software
The latest release of SI allows system contractors to accurately estimate and bid large, enterprise-scale commercial projects in less time.
CONCORD, Calif. — D-Tools, a provider of data-driven software for system integrators, announced the availability of System Integrator version 15, which includes new capabilities for its end-to-end, estimation, design, installation and service management software solution.
“This latest release of SI allows system contractors to accurately estimate and bid large, enterprise-scale commercial projects in a fraction of the time,” says Randy Stearns, CEO of D-Tools. “This new functionality is in direct response to customer requests. We are pleased to be able to help our customers kick off the new year with a tool that enables them to win more six and seven-figure projects.”
The latest software release, SI v15, is said to provide new performance-enhancing capabilities that include a combination of products and multiple packages that can be created to present in a solutions-based sales approach. Often referred to as “room types”, integrators can go beyond packages, which enables significantly faster estimation and a better presentation to the client for medium to large-scale projects, according to the announcement.
Other new feature sets:
- Mass Update function added in the SI Project Explorer facilitates changes across projects
- New Project Wizard settings allow users to set required fields, helping enforce standardization
- Custom fields for products and projects can be re-ordered and filtered to only show fields in use, reducing clutter and possibility of error
- Twenty additional list-type custom fields are available in projects for greater flexibility
- Ability for multiple purchase orders, tasks, service orders, and service plans to be open for editing at one time enables users to work more efficiently
- Improved color-coding capabilities for owner furnished equipment (OFE) and non-billable items throughout the SI interface, enabling users to quickly identify these items
- Additional product identification in Mobile Install, including OFE and non-billable products, improves efficiency for field technicians
- Task and Service Order reports now have options to display actual resource hours and/or timesheets from Mobile Install for more accurate project reporting
- Re-designed ribbons improve the user experience throughout the application
The company’s on-premises software, SI, and Cloud-based platform, D-Tools Cloud, help manage all aspects of an A/V or security system integrator’s business, including sales, comprehensive system design, project documentation, procurement and project management.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!