Integrator of the Month: Eastern Time
Each month SSI highlights one of the security industry’s most progressive integrators that has attended the SSI Summit.
SSI Summit Stars is a new monthly department that highlights some of the security industry’s most progressive integrators that have attended the SSI Summit. This exclusive, invitation-only event is held annually in conjunction with the Total Tech Summit, which includes hundreds more integrators from the residential and commercial A/V fields.
This month, SSI hears from Eastern Time V.P./Construction Manager Bryan Rizzo.
At Eastern Time Inc. [ETI], we rely on a team-based approach to find solutions to some of the most pressing problems in securing our homeland, clients, friends and families. This involves open and honest discussions with clients to determine their requirements, then matching our people, products and services to meet or exceed those needs.
Since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, we’ve gone from perceiving and addressing locally known threats to the safety of our clients to a much broader scope in a larger geographical region. This involves open-architecture products that are nationally and sometimes globally integrated. We truly enjoy the technology-rich security industry and the ability that it provides to find the best solutions for all of our clients.
TOP 3 CHALLENGES
- Finding appropriate talent to fill available careers within our growing and expanding company. We promote a culture of careers, opportunities and adventures within ETI, not just a job. In addition, we have found that people are drawn to companies with a high level of ethics, honesty and fair treatment for everyone.
- Funding expansion of our services amid changing needs for quick-delivery systems and solutions. During the recession, we learned lessons about cash management, collection of debt and the need for reserve capital. Strong relationships with vendors and financial institutions, as well as prudent use of both cash and short- and long-term funding, have provided a path for successful business growth.
- Managing product selection and training demands while upholding high quality post-sales support. We realized the necessity to expand our sales and services to include a business division. In 2018, we formed our WiNet group to act as a sounding board in selecting new, emerging technologies, and as an internal and external support structure for our service personnel and clients.
TOP 3 OPPORTUNITIES
- Serving our community and the public by providing enhanced safety and security through proper application of new services and emerging technologies. This is both extremely exciting and fulfilling, since it combines our fundamental instinct to protect others with our creative use of new technologies.
- Integration of existing building systems with newly deployed security solutions to provide a more holistic and cost-effective end result.
- Growth in industry knowledge and application capacity with new directives in cybersecurity development. We see this as an open-ended challenge that brings awareness and opportunity within our industry. As security pros, we have a combined responsibility to find long-range solutions.
TOP 3 DIFFERENTIATORS
- Being a family-owned and professionally-managed team of experts that enjoys working with our clients to clearly understand the best use of technology for their needs. We provide peace of mind by supporting the entire project from design, through all phases of installation, to service after the sale. We offer all required services ― inspection, maintenance, monitoring, management and remote hosting — to provide systems flexibility, lower cost of ownership and extended life expectancy.
- Using a “team focus” with our clients, and listening well. We make sure our proposed solutions are in accordance with clients’ needs and budgets. All discussions, proposals and commitments are rooted in honest and ethical business practices.
- Having a dynamic and well-trained construction department staff, consisting of design, sales, engineering, CAD, project management, installers, programmers and service personnel. We have a department devoted entirely to the final inspection, certification and records of completion. We will not promise something we cannot deliver, nor bill for something we did not provide. We have gained the recognition of being a company that completes projects on time and within budgets.
For more info on the SSI and Total Tech Summit, visit totaltechsummit.com.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!