Integrator of the Month: Life Safety Engineered Systems
Each month SSI highlights one of the security industry’s most progressive integrators that has attended the SSI Summit. This month is Life Safety Engineered Systems.
SSI Summit Stars is a new monthly department that highlights some of the security industry’s most progressive integrators that have attended the SSI Summit. This exclusive, invitation-only event is held annually in conjunction with the Total Tech Summit, which includes hundreds more integrators from the residential and commercial A/V fields.
This month, SSI hears from Life Safety Engineered Systems President and CEO Robert Vezina Sr.
I founded Life Safety Engineered Systems July 11, 1994 after being in the alarm business since 1979. I have a B.S. degree from Buffalo State College and an MBA from Saint Bonaventure University. I enjoy the people aspect of being in the security industry. I get to interact with people every day and help to solve their problems and issues. That gives me a great sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.
TOP 3 CHALLENGES
- Increasing volume: We are in the initial stages of rolling out a program to our 3,000 affiliates that will pay them a percentage of the business for national account leads that they service on a local level. Our initial start on this program looks to be a great success.
- Upgrading our service software platform: We have been working on this too long. Expected to be up and running last year. I have dedicated a good portion of my executive vice president’s time with others to make this happen as soon as possible.
- Timelier work order process: We aim to collapse the total processing time it takes to complete a work order to 48 hours from the time we receive the request. We continue to work on each process piece to refine it. One of the biggest issues is getting back the signed paperwork. Our new software will take care of that with electronic transfer from smartphones and tablets.
TOP 3 DIFFERENTIATORS
- Size but mighty: We are a relatively small company that works in all 50 states including Alaska and Hawaii.
- Guaranteed compliance: We are the only company that provides a monthly service that guarantees 100% compliance and all repairs.
- Multilocation focus: After selling off regional and local divisions of the company we are the only provider in the U.S. that specializes solely on multilocation national accounts.
TOP 3 OPPORTUNITIES
- The Life Safety ONE plan is the most exciting opportunity for our multilocation new and existing and new clients to take advantage of. The plan offers a 100% compliance guarantee, all repairs and required testing to for one monthly price. Clients that take advantage of the ONE plan can eliminate the resources they previously dedicated to give protection compliance and repairs.
- Working for national security clients that need nationwide help serving their accounts. This program truly helps keep attrition rates down.
- Focusing more energy on the restaurant industry for help in fire protection. Restaurants have the most fires in the facilities out of all industries. With our help maintaining compliance we are able to lower the incidents rate for them.
For more info on the SSI and Total Tech Summit, visit totaltechsummit.com.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!